Want to be the first to know about our latest UCA vacancies?
Subscribe to our mailing list today to receive job openings directly to your inbox!
List of current vacancies:
1 | Campus Counsellor (Deadline: 24 Aug. 2018)
2 | Tajikistan Student Recruiter (Deadline: Position open until filled)
Position: Campus Counsellor
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 24 August 2018
- Offer mental health counselling to students on a wide variety of issues including suspected or confirmed mental health problems.
- Create awareness among students, faculty and staff regarding mental health, well-being and diversity issues.
- Develop and manage support programs for on campus crises.
- Develop and facilitate life skills classes on a variety of topics that help students develop social/emotional intelligence, autonomy, leadership and resiliency skills.
- Work closely with Student Life Team to help create a healthy campus culture that supports student health and development.
- Provide confidential consultation to staff/faculty and their families on an individual basis regarding matters both personal and professional (i.e. cultural adjustment, stress and mental health problems).
- Offer a variety of educational and training workshops that support staff and faculty well-being.
- Offer academic counselling to students including but not limited to: academic and learning difficulties (e.g. note-taking, reading comprehension etc.), assessment and intervention for students on academic probation, plagiarism, procrastination, test anxiety and technology addictions; some of this counselling will also be handled by the Registrar’s Office
- Provide counselling to students regarding employment expectations and career choices by integrating their academic strengths, competencies, values and vocational interests as well as co-op work experiences and labour market opportunities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, preferably in the developing world and/or in a rural community
- A capacity to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion and a genuine concern for student success
- An understanding of issues and cultural norms experienced by Central Asian students and the appropriate support structures and coping mechanisms that are needed
- Experience working with health care professionals to offer integrated mental and health services such as critical incident training
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with academic personnel and leadership
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Graduate Degree in Counselling Psychology from a reputable graduate programme
- One year of supervised clinical counselling training
- Registered with a recognized and relevant professional body
- Minimum of one year psychological counselling experience
- Preference will be given to applicants with two years of personal, mental health, crisis and student success counselling at a post-secondary institution within the past five years
- Professionalism, tact, accuracy, timeliness, and sensitivity are required to effectively advise students and to maintain and enhance relationships with students
- Experience with group and/or workshop facilitation including development of seminars
- Specialised training and credentials in any areas of critical incident training, mental health training, and/or diversity training is an asset
- Advanced English and Russian is required; however, for very experienced counsellors Russian may be considered optional
- Working knowledge of Kyrgyz, Tajik, and Kazakh would be an attractive asset
- Reports to the Manager of Student Affairs, works closely with the Dean of Arts and Sciences on mental health concerns among faculty and staff, and works very closely with the Cooperative Education Office, Faculty and Staff.
Tajikistan Student Recruiter
Position: Tajikistan Student Recruiter
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Deadline: Position open until filled
The School of Arts of Sciences is seeking a Student Recruiter for Tajikistan who will assist in the design and implementation of UCA’s student recruitment strategy. A major component of the role will be the coordination and delivery of visits to high schools across the rural areas of Tajikistan. This is a hands-on recruitment position that will involve implementing student recruitment activities such as but not limited to an on-campus open house (both in Naryn and Khorog campuses), high school visits in Tajikistan (if necessary in Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan), information sessions in Tajikistan (if necessary in Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan), university fairs, pre-university upgrading programmes (summer and winter camps), online webinars, student and community engagement in all three Founding states and debates and other initiatives that will contribute to a quality number of applicants from Tajikistan.
- Experience in higher education marketing, recruitment, and student recruitment and admissions at a senior level;
- Strong professional familiarity with the Tajikistan secondary and post-secondary education landscape;
- Strong network of relationships with high school principals across rural Tajikistan;
- Experience at building relationships with senior high school students and their parents;
- Experience managing academic related events;
- Experience in public speaking and presentation delivery;
- Experience building and managing complex schedules, presentations, and travel;
- Working with marketing to ensure promotional materials and online content and social networking content supports the recruitment effort;
- Experience with financial aid processes at the university level.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong operational and logistics management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams;
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short-term and long-term goals;
- Strong networking skills and ability to connect with individuals and audiences alike;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to design and maintain tracking of data related to student recruitment.
- Bachelor Degree from an internationally recognised higher education institution;
- Graduate Degree in a relevant subject (Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Higher Education, etc.).