Want to be the first to know about our latest UCA vacancies?
Subscribe to our mailing list today to receive job openings directly to your inbox!
List of current vacancies:
1 | Development and Donor Relations Officer/Senior Officer (title based on qualifications and experience) (Deadline: 27 Jul. 2018)
2 | Registrar (Deadline: 03 Aug. 2018)
3 | Tajikistan Student Recruiter (Deadline: Position open until filled)
Development and Donor Relations Officer/Senior Officer (title based on qualifications and experience)
Position: Development and Donor Relations Officer/Senior Officer (title based on qualifications and experience)
Department: Development and Donor Relations (DDR)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 27 July 2018
- Keep abreast of the developing donor landscape as well as funding opportunities for UCA and maintain up-to-date information on donor interests and priorities in Central Asia;
- Cultivate relationships with potential donors and partners, and strengthen relationships with existing donors and partners;
- Work with UCA’s programme and finance units to develop high quality concept notes and funding proposals along with project budgets;
- Assist UCA’s program units in managing donor-funded grants, including drafting and editing narrative reports, monitoring grant expenditures, and ensuring compliance with donor rules and regulations;
- Work with program and communications staff to develop high quality communication materials;
- Represent UCA at external events and provide proactive support in planning, coordinating and facilitating donor and other stakeholder visits and events at UCA.
- Work with partner agencies of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) in Central Asia and Afghanistan to encourage partnership and mutual collaboration.
- Any other tasks relevant to this position’s main roles and responsibilities as assigned by its supervisor.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field;
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in grant management and resource mobilization in a university, policy research or international development context;
- Understanding of project cycle management and logical framework, as well as research life cycles;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Knowledge of Russian and Tajik strongly desirable;
- Demonstrable understanding of the development context and donor landscape in Central Asia in general and Tajikistan in particular;
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage deadlines;
- Excellent team-player with good interpersonal skills;
- Relevant computer skills using MS Office applications;
- Knowledge of database software (e.g. Raiser’s Edge) an asset;
- Ability to travel to UCA programmatic areas;
- Knowledge of accounting and budget processes an advantage.
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 03 August 2018
- The Registrar manages student recruitment, admissions, records and data reporting, timetabling and scheduling, academic progression, honours and graduation, student information systems, and convocation ceremony processes. The Registrar ensures that UCA is meeting accreditation standards and regulatory requirements nationally, in its 3-partner countries, and internationally so that the degrees earned by our students are accepted internationally.
- The Registrar contributes to the University’s overall mission, vision and objectives by directing the transparency, regularization and quality assurance of the University’s student recruitment and admissions processes, academic programmes, grading, assessment and progression practices, programmatic and degree requirements so as to ensure University requirements.
- The Registrar directs the provision of secretariat services for the University Academic Council to ensure that UCA complies with University, multinational and internationally legislated accreditation and record keeping requirements.
- The Registrar contributes to the University’s overall mission by formulating, developing, implementing, and monitoring the compliance of academic policies and processes.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline from an internationally recognized university
- Minimum of ten years of senior-level work experience in a university registry, including at least 2 years as a university registrar.
- Proven record of successful leadership in a people-oriented environment, preferably in a multi-campus / multinational setting.
- Excellent experience managing student recruitment and admissions
- Extensive experience in university academic policy planning, development and administration
- International Experience ideally also including in Central Asia
- Significant experience with student information systems, preferably PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Extensive record keeping experiences as well as experience in recognizing fraudulent records, including degrees, transcripts and admissions documents and materials
- Knowledge of relevant / current university student practices
- Student and academic counselling skills.
- Proven record of analyzing statistical data on admissions, registration, examinations and graduation for administrative use in formulating policies, statistical reporting and data mining.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and experience with people of diverse educational, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility, with the ability to handle both ambiguous and specific assignments.
- Fiscal responsibility.
- Advanced English is required
- Russian is an important asset
- Working knowledge of Kyrgyz, Tajik, and Kazakh would be an asset
The position will be based in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic and would require regional travel.
Tajikistan Student Recruiter
Position: Tajikistan Student Recruiter
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Deadline: Position open until filled
The School of Arts of Sciences is seeking a Student Recruiter for Tajikistan who will assist in the design and implementation of UCA’s student recruitment strategy. A major component of the role will be the coordination and delivery of visits to high schools across the rural areas of Tajikistan. This is a hands-on recruitment position that will involve implementing student recruitment activities such as but not limited to an on-campus open house (both in Naryn and Khorog campuses), high school visits in Tajikistan (if necessary in Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan), information sessions in Tajikistan (if necessary in Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan), university fairs, pre-university upgrading programmes (summer and winter camps), online webinars, student and community engagement in all three Founding states and debates and other initiatives that will contribute to a quality number of applicants from Tajikistan.
- Experience in higher education marketing, recruitment, and student recruitment and admissions at a senior level;
- Strong professional familiarity with the Tajikistan secondary and post-secondary education landscape;
- Strong network of relationships with high school principals across rural Tajikistan;
- Experience at building relationships with senior high school students and their parents;
- Experience managing academic related events;
- Experience in public speaking and presentation delivery;
- Experience building and managing complex schedules, presentations, and travel;
- Working with marketing to ensure promotional materials and online content and social networking content supports the recruitment effort;
- Experience with financial aid processes at the university level.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong operational and logistics management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams;
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short-term and long-term goals;
- Strong networking skills and ability to connect with individuals and audiences alike;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to design and maintain tracking of data related to student recruitment.
- Bachelor Degree from an internationally recognised higher education institution;
- Graduate Degree in a relevant subject (Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Higher Education, etc.).