List of current vacancies:
1 | Operations and Logistics Coordinator (Deadline: 25 Sept. 2017)
2 | Freelance Translators/Editors (Russian, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, Tajik) (Deadline: Position open until filled)
Operations and Logistics Coordinator
Position: Operations and Logistics Coordinator
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 25 September 2017
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of this individual include the following:
• Support the Dean’s Office with the management of logistics for various programming areas;
• Support in the recruitment and selection process of School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) staff including but not limited to: ToR development, identifying recruitment channels, liaising with UCA HR, coordinating interviews with internal and external parties etc.;
• Support in onboarding and team culture activities for SAS staff;
• Arrangements and coordination of focus groups for all Arts and Sciences research initiatives;
• Oversee internal UCA documentation submissions for various programming efforts;
• Support in the administration of the Central Asian Faculty Development Programmes;
• Hiring and Management of intern resources as required on call in the Arts and Sciences department;
• Ensure both UCA and its academic partners are fulfilling contractual and non-contractual commitments in a timely manner in terms of payment terms;
• Coordinate logistics related to meetings with academic partners and faculty in Central Asia and in partner countries;
• Tracks the partnerships budget and payment tracking of all university partners;
• Tracks the curriculum development timelines for each partnership university to ensure deliverables are submitted on time; and
• Support in the production of regular reports to update university’s management team on the status of each academic partnership.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. Master’s degree in Business Administration would be ideal;
• Minimum of two (2) years of work experience including but not limited to event management and logistics;
• Advanced English and Russian;
• Working knowledge of Kyrgyz, Tajik, and Kazakh would be an asset;
• Strong administrative skills and attention to detail, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
• Demonstrated commitment to quality and experience with people of diverse educational, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds;
• Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment; and
• Understanding of UCA internal processes
The Operations and Logistics Coordinator will:
• Report to the UCA Manager of Academic Operations and work closely with the Dean of Arts and Sciences;
• Work closely with the UCA School of Arts and Sciences team; and
• Work closely with local UCA contacts based in the Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan, and Tajikistan to coordinate staff recruitment and logistics
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 September 2017. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Operations and Logistics Coordinator”
Freelance Translators/Editors (Russian, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, Tajik)
Position: Freelance Translators/Editors (Russian, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, Tajik)
Deadline: Position open until filled
- English-Tajik-English; or
- Ability to produce high quality translated texts
- Proofread, fact check, edit and revise translated materials
- At least 3 years of work experience as an editor or translator.
- Excellent command of writing, editing and speaking in Russian/Kyrgyz/Kazakh/Tajik.
- A strong command of writing and speaking in English is required.
- Experience working in an international organisation is highly desired.
- Ability to edit/review large volumes of information in dynamic and high pressure environments.
- Some knowledge of industry-specific terminology for example in education, construction, public policy, economics, public administration, mountain research, sustainable development, climate change, finance, economics, statistics, tax or law.
- Superior editing skills (substantive and copy) in a variety of styles and voices for a range of platforms.
- Sound judgement to manage confidential information.
- Experience in and knowledge of international development, capacity building, higher education and Central Asia a plus.