List of current vacancies:
1 | Resource Centre Coordinator (Deadline: 30 Aug. 2017)
2 | Freelance Translators/Editors (Russian, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, Tajik) (Deadline: Position open until filled)
Resource Centre Coordinator
Position: Resource Centre Coordinator
Duty station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Deadline: 30 August 2017
Summary of Position
UCA's Aga Khan Humanities Project is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Resource Centre (RC) Coordinator, who will lead and coordinate the RC activities related to selecting, acquiring, cataloguing, classifying, circulating, and maintaining materials; and deliver reference, bibliographical, and readers' advisory services.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Ensure a courteous and timely client-centred service to students; faculty; staff and other users of the RC;
• Ensure appropriate use and maintenance of RC facilities, resources, equipment, and property;
• Develop and maintain a database of all materials in the Resource Centre;
• Catalogue all new materials in the database in an efficient and timely manner;
• Develop and oversee RC policies and procedures including RC Borrowing Policy;
• Maintain RC User Database on regular basis;
• Supervise RC staff, volunteers and interns;
• Streamline communication within different UCA departments and between UCA and its partner universities, colleges, and academic networks; and
• Respond to customer complaints and take actions as necessary
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Higher education in Humanities; Social Sciences or other related field;
• Minimum 5 years of work experience, 2 of which is in a similar setting;
• Highly motivated with strong organizational skills;
• Strong communication, writing, and time management skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Russian, and Tajik; and
• Confident user of MS Office Applications, Internet and email.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 August 2017. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “RC Coordinator”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Freelance Translators/Editors (Russian, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, Tajik)
Position: Freelance Translators/Editors (Russian, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, Tajik)
Deadline: Position open until filled
- English-Tajik-English; or
- Ability to produce high quality translated texts
- Proofread, fact check, edit and revise translated materials
- At least 3 years of work experience as an editor or translator.
- Excellent command of writing, editing and speaking in Russian/Kyrgyz/Kazakh/Tajik.
- A strong command of writing and speaking in English is required.
- Experience working in an international organisation is highly desired.
- Ability to edit/review large volumes of information in dynamic and high pressure environments.
- Some knowledge of industry-specific terminology for example in education, construction, public policy, economics, public administration, mountain research, sustainable development, climate change, finance, economics, statistics, tax or law.
- Superior editing skills (substantive and copy) in a variety of styles and voices for a range of platforms.
- Sound judgement to manage confidential information.
- Experience in and knowledge of international development, capacity building, higher education and Central Asia a plus.