Tuition & Financial Aid
The UCA Financial Aid Application Package will be available for download soon.
A university education is one the most important investments that a student and family can make. A degree from a quality university significantly influences earning potential. UCA offers a world-class education that opens horizons and career pathways, and it comes at a high cost. One of UCA's founding principles as a private, not-for-profit institution is that no admitted student will be denied an education because of inability to pay. UCA is committed to sharing the cost of education with every student who is admitted.
Your financial need will NOT affect your ability to be accepted to UCA. Admission is based solely on merit.
Depending on the evaluation of need and merit, UCA may fund up to 90% of the cost of education through scholarships, grants and soft loans. Confident that its graduates will find quality employment, UCA student loans will have highly favourable repayment terms.
UCA's Commitment to Making Quality Education Affordable
Student tuition represents a fraction of the total education cost: nearly 80 percent of the per student cost is subsidised by UCA. UCA’s tuition is significantly lower than the cost of comparable standards of higher education in neighbouring China, Russian and Turkey, and in comparison to the highest quality universities in Tajikistan, the Kyrgyz Republic and Kazakhstan.
UCA's fees are comprehensive and your total fee includes the following:
- Tuition fees for instruction
- Textbooks and instruction materials; Laptop computer
- Residence; Meals
- Health Plan; Fitness centre, sports, recreation
- Individual tutorials and counselling
* The national currency rates are for the 2016-2017 academic year
UCA's fees are all-inclusive and payable in national currency equivalent
- Tuition and Fees will not increase (in US dollar terms) over your five years at UCA
- UCA will support students with needs-based grants, merit based scholarships and interest-free student loans
UCA offers three types of support:
- Needs-sensitive Grants
- Merit based Scholarships
- Interest Free Student Loans: repayable over 10 years with payment starting two years after graduation
Will my financial situation advantage or disadvantage me in the application process?
Admission to UCA will be merit-based. UCA is committed to admitting the best and brightest students from both urban and rural areas of Central Asia, regardless of their economic status. No student will be denied admission to UCA on financial grounds.
Once admitted, UCA will devote dedicated resources to each individual student to ensure that education is accessible to all, regardless of ability to pay.
UCA will provide unique scholarship and financial aid options subsiding up to 90 per cent of tuition based on demonstrated financial need.
How does a UCA student loan work?
- Interest free loans will be offered in national currency
- There will be an annual administration fee of five percent (5%)
- Students will have a two year grace period after graduation to begin repayment
- Students have 10 years following this two year grace period to repay their loan
When and how do I apply for financial aid?
Financial aid applications will be available to all shortlisted candidates, and students will apply annually for assistance. Financial Aid decisions are made by a committee and not any one individual.