Applications Open for UCA’s Summer Upgrading Camp in Naryn
The University of Central Asia (UCA) is accepting applications from Grade 10 students living in Tajikistan, the Kyrgyz Republic and Kazakhstan to join its innovative 2017 Summer Upgrading Camp.
The Camp is one component of UCA’s broader efforts to prepare Central Asian students for an international standard of university education. This two-week academic enrichment programme will be held from 2 to 16 July 2017 at the UCA residential campus in Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic.
It offers opportunities to improve English and math skills taught by highly qualified faculty and experience a world class campus. Over 150 students, selected from some 1,450 applicants, participated in previous camps in 2015 and 2016.
“Grade 10 students will learn in a residential campus environment among a diverse student and faculty body. This intensive immersion will help students grow intellectually and prepare themselves to enter the university of their choice,” said Dr Diana Pauna, UCA’s Dean of Arts and Sciences.
Students will receive 44 hours of English, 22 hours of mathematics and six hours of science instruction. The curriculum is designed by international faculty and adapted to fit the needs of Central Asian students. The Camp combines study with exciting learning opportunities outside the classroom such as sports, debating, drama, networking with university professors, and excursions to lakes Issyk-Kul and Son Kul.
Students can apply online by submitting a motivation letter, school grades, and completing a skills test before 1 May 2017. Top candidates will be interviewed prior to final selection. Interested applicants are encouraged to attend information sessions, and can sign up at: http://bit.ly/ucacampform to receive updates.
- OSH: 4 April, 14:00 (American Corner, Osh Oblast library, 71 Kurmanjan Datka Street)
- NARYN: 11 April, 14:00 (SPCE, 10 Seitaaly Jakypov Street)
- KARAKOL: 13 April, 15:00 (American Corner, 35 Koenkkozova Street)
- TALAS: 21 April, 13:00 (American Corner, Talas State University, Humanities Department Building "Cholpon"
- SHYMKENT: 7 April, 15:00 (American Corner, A.S. Pushkin Library, 13 Kazybek bi Street)
- TEKELI: 11 April, 16:00 (School of Professional and Continuing Education, 13 Gagarin Street)
- KHOROG: 31 March, 15:00 (School of Professional and Continuing Education, 126 Lenin Street)
- DUSHANBE: 5 April, 16:00 (School of Professional and Continuing Education, 47A Druzhba Narodov Avenue)
- KHUJAND: 12 April, 14:00 (American Corner, Asiri Public Library, 1 Lenin Street)
- KURGAN TUBE: 17 April, 14:00 (American Cornder, Dustii Khalgho, Bohdar region)
- GHARM: 18 April, 14:00 (American Corner, Tojiktelecom building (third floor), Saimuddin Burhon Street 26)
- KULYAB: 21 April, 14:00 (American Corner,Kulob Branch of Technological University, Borbad Street, 9 microrayon)