Want to be the first to know about our latest UCA vacancies?
Subscribe to our mailing list today to receive job openings directly to your inbox!
List of current vacancies:
1 | Human Resources Intern (Deadline: 08 Apr. 2020)
2 | Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Deadline: 08 Apr. 2020)
3 | Campus Counsellor (Deadline: 22 Apr. 2020)
4 | Assistant Registrar (Deadline: 28 Apr. 2020)
5 | SAP Functional Consultant (Deadline: Position open until filled)
6 | Manager of Advancement for Kazakhstan (Deadline: Position open until filled)
Human Resources Intern
Position: Human Resources Intern
Department: Human Resources
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Deadline: 08 April 2020
- Support Human Resources team with administration and coordination tasks.
- Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents under a supervision of HR team
- Will be responsible for making meeting and logistic arrangements.
- Under the supervision of HR Team, assist with recruitment initiatives. Sort incoming resumes and log them into appropriate tracking spreadsheets. Complete and mail out regret letters.
- Ensuring that procedures are performed correctly.
- Ensuring that confidentiality and professionalism is maintained.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the HR Team.
- Bachelor’s degree with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources
- Ability to prioritise tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment.
- Detail oriented, self-starter, independent with initiative.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Russian;
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz language would be an asset.
Position: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Tekeli, Kazakhstan
Deadline: 08 April 2020
- Answering, screening and transferring inbound phone calls;
- Receiving and directing visitors and clients;
- Executing general clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing;
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system;
- Retrieving documents from filing system;
- Handling requests for information and data;
- Resolving administrative problems and inquiries;
- Preparing written responses to routine enquiries;
- Preparing and modifying documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails;
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors;
- Preparing agendas for meetings and schedules;
- Recording, compiling, transcribing and distributing minutes of meetings;
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming correspondence;
- Maintaining office supply inventories;
- Coordinating maintenance of office equipment;
- Coordinating and maintaining records for staff, telephones;
- Executing other activities that may be from time to time assigned by supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree;
- 1 year or more prior administration experience in a professional office environment;
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction from managers;
- Ability to provide thoughtful recommendations to resolve complex administrative issues;
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of relevant software;
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment;
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- Fluency in spoken and written Kazakh and Russian
- Good command in spoken and written English
- Planning and organizing;
- Problem assessment and problem solving;
- Information gathering and information monitoring;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
Position: Campus Counsellor
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 22 April 2020
Health and Psychological Counselling Services
- Offer mental health assessment and counselling to students on a wide variety of issues including suspected or confirmed mental health problems;
- Create awareness among students, faculty and staff regarding mental health and diversity issues;
- Develop and manage support programs for campus crises;
- Offer personal counselling to students adjusting to post-secondary studies and living away from home.
- Provide confidential consultations to staff/faculty and their families on an individual basis regarding matters both personal and professional i.e. stress and mental health problems;
- Offer a variety of educational and training workshops for faculty and their families;
- Work closely with other student services areas (e.g. security, nurse, residence advisors) to ensure a holistic and seamless approach.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, preferably with experience in the developing world and/or in a rural community;
- A capacity to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion and a genuine concern for student success;
- An understanding of issues and cultural norms experienced by Central Asian students;
- An ability to establish a cooperative work environment and create strong collaborative relationships;
- Proven ability to engage students, staff and faculty in developing a healthy campus culture that supports well-being;
- Experience working with health care professionals to offer integrated mental and health services such as critical incident training;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with academic personnel and leadership;
- Willingness to build expertise in career counselling;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Graduate Degree in Counselling Psychology from a reputable graduate program;
- One year of supervised clinical counselling training;
- Minimum of one-year psychological counselling experience;
- Preference will be given to applicants with two years of personal, mental health, crisis and student success counselling at a post-secondary institution within the past five years;
- Professionalism, tact, accuracy, timeliness, and sensitivity are required to effectively advise students and to maintain and enhance relationships with students;
- Experience with group and/or workshop facilitation including development of seminars;
- Specialized training and credentials in any areas of critical incident training, mental health training, and/or diversity training is an asset.
- Advanced English is required, Russian fluency is strongly preferred;
- Working knowledge of Kyrgyz, Tajik, and Kazakh would be an asset.
Position: Assistant Registrar
Department: Office of Registrar
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 28 April 2020
SAP Student Lifecycle Management (SSLM)
The Assistant Registrar would serve as a focal point during implementation of SAP Student Lifecycle Management, working very closely and UCA’s IT department and key stakeholders involved in this process. It is expected that the Assistant Registrar would serve as subject matter expert in the area of SSLM. In particular, the incumbent’s duties would include:
- Successful overall coordination of the upcoming SAP Student Life Cycle Management;
- Participation in all required SSLM workshops.
- Testing, operation, anticipation, identification and proposing solutions to post go-live issues.
- Documentation of changes and reports, when needed, required to configuration of SSLM
- Provision of knowledge transfer to Registrar’s Office, staff, faculty, students throughout the project implementation.
- At the initial stages, the position would generally require dedication of over 80% working hours to SSLM.
- Assist in the student application and admissions processes for the University’s academic programmes in Central Asia.
- Along with Registrar and fellow Assistant Registrar act as Secretary to UCA’s admissions and progression committee as/if needed and send offer or rejection letters to candidates as directed by the Committee.
- Maintain and record admissions data using the University’s Student Information and Administration System.
- Produce recruitment reports and submission documents in a timely fashion for the Office of the Registrar and relevant University committees.
- Implement a transparent, effective and efficient methodology for student applications, testing, and admission for the University’s undergraduate and eventually graduate programmes.
- Work with the Head of Student Recruitment to manage admissions testing across Central Asia.
- Maintain student records including; enrolment, grades and transcripts, using SAP.
- Compile, maintain and track academic information and records for students in UCA’s programmes.
- Work with the Student Affairs Office to plan and coordinate orientation activities for first year students.
- Ensure that students are informed of the University’s academic policies.
- Assist in publishing university academic calendar, load courses into the student academic system, and manage course inventory.
- Assist fellow Assistant Registrar to manage systems that support scheduling of classrooms, meeting rooms and discussion spaces as well as the scheduling of courses, mid-terms, and final exams.
- Present student performance reports to the Registrar and respective Deans as well as
- develop reports on student progression, withdrawals, Dean’s List, and transcript requests.
- Maintain student attendance records and report any issues to the Academic Head for appropriate action.
- Assist fellow Assistant Registrar in preparing verification of attendance / graduation and confirmation of enrolment letters for students as requested.
- Along with the fellow Assistant Registrar maintain a database to track potential applicants to UCA including data on student applications, testing, and admission for the University’s undergraduate and eventually graduate programmes.
- Along with the fellow Assistant Registrar work with Finance to administer scholarship evaluation, delivery of scholarships, bursaries, and other financial aid.
- Support in coordinating convocation ceremonies.
- Maintain a database that will enable the University to track its alumni.
- Along with the fellow Assistant Registrar retain individual student portfolios of assessed work for quality assurance purposes.
- Along with the fellow Assistant Registrar support the respective Deans and the Academic Heads to implement University policies and regulations.
- Undertake any other duties related to the University’s accreditation in Central Asia and abroad.
- Along with the fellow Assistant Registrar support in preparing and submitting required documents and reports to the Ministries of Education of the Founding States. This includes but is not limited to: annual rules for admission, annual plans for admission, annual Orders of Admission.
- Along with the fellow Assistant Registrar support with liaising with the Ministries of Education of the Founding States to process equivalencies of foreign high school credentials for international students.
- Master’s degree from an internationally recognized university is preferred
- At least 4 years extensive experience working in a university environment, preferably in one of the Founding States.
- Ability and experience in analyzing statistical data on admissions, registration, examinations and graduation for administrative use in formulating policies, statistical reporting and data mining.
- Experience with student recruitment and University admissions processes within Central Asia.
- Proven record of good administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong IT skills. Experience working with Campus software would be an Asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines in a timely fashion and with accuracy.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in both written and oral English and Russian is required.
- Working knowledge of Kyrgyz would be an asset.
SAP Functional Consultant
Position: SAP Functional Consultant
Department: Information Technology
Duty station: Central Administration Office, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Deadline: Position open until filled
- Facilitate the implementation and support of one or more of the SAP modules to enhance the overall design and solution to achieve the goals and objectives of the programme.
- Participate, facilitate workshops, coach and mentor the organisation in the requirements, design, configuration and testing of the relevant modules.
- Create and enable an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in successful implementation(s) of SAP phases.
- Provide specialised functional expertise, guidance, presentations, and instruction to project team and or user on relevant SAP modules.
- Identify gaps, issues and work around solutions during the project and support phases
- Ability to work with both SAP experts and technically with super users at the site during the implementation phase.
- Work with other functional consultants and technical architects (internal and from implementation partner) to define layers of architecture and their overall integration.
- Test the configured system by Implementation partner to ensure business requirements are covered prior to offering system to business users for UAT.
- Document test scripts and results to form part of a knowledge base for future.
- Be responsible for validation of the deliverables that describe the product or service that the project will produce.
- 10+ years of SAP experience (in one or more of the relevant modules(s) in configuration
- Overall knowledge of various modules of SAP and understanding of integration
- Relevant business process knowledge preferably in a Higher Education setting
- At least one end to end S/4 HANA implementation
- Good understanding of SAP Integration especially working in a multi country setting
- Ability to analyse problems and provide clear recommendations
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills
How to Apply
Manager of Advancement for Kazakhstan
Position: Manager of Advancement for Kazakhstan
Department: Advancement and Public Affairs
Duty station: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Deadline: Position open until filled
- Assist the Director of APA in developing and achieving fundraising goals, strategies, plans and objectives for potential donors in Central Asia.
- Identify prospects and develop strategies to cultivate and solicit major gifts from corporations, and high net worth individuals in Kazakhstan.
- Prepare fundraising proposals and gift opportunities for solicitating donations from existing as well as new prospects.
- Identify and analyse information pertinent to the development of relationships with potential individual donors and corporations.
- Prepare and present fund raising status reports to University officials.
- Develop and administer recognition policies, and establish on-going dialogue and communication with existing and potential donors.
- Visit donors, donor organisations, and foundations throughout Kazakhstan to raise awareness of the University’s programmes, new initiatives, and achievements, with the objective of soliciting gifts.
- Supervise and implement an effective programme of communication and stewardship for all donors and prospects.
- Organise events on campus and elsewhere to showcase key programmes and achievements of UCA, with the objective of creating awareness and seeking donor support.
- Plan and manage various campaigns and annual giving drives to achieve established fund raising targets and goals.
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers in various donor geographies, to ensure they become effective in donor research, cultivation, solicitation (where appropriate), and follow up.
- Establish systems for the effective tracking of fundraising drives, pledges, collections, acknowledgement of gifts, and timely collection of pledges.
- Cultivate relationships with Central Asian and international media to give UCA greater regional and global exposure.
- Provide strategic guidance to all entities and officers of the University on communications and marketing, media engagement, and donor event planning and management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of APA.
- Master’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, public relations, fundraising, government, or other germane fields. Relevant experience in lieu of a Master’s degree may be considered in exceptional cases.
- At least ten years of experience in the corporate, business, or marketing profession. Previous fundraising experience is desirable.
- The ability to motivate volunteers to engage with potential donors, and ensure effective follow up.
- Maturity and ability to work with senior persons including UCA’s management team.
- Ability and stamina to travel regionally and internationally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fundraising and communications for an innovative institution like UCA requires the ability to think creatively, and a strong commitment to the mission and objectives of the University.
- Demonstrated record of establishing relationships and rapport with the media.
- Fluency in English, Kazakh, and Russian. Ability to speak in Kyrgyz and Tajik, an asset.