Eight Entrepreneurs Win Funding to Start Businesses in Kyrgyzstan
The entrepreneurship programme was launched by UCA’s SPCE in January 2019 for young entrepreneurs aged 18-28 with a business idea for developing a startup. The programme was offered to participants free-of-charge, and provided an opportunity for the entrepreneurs to increase their awareness about the entrepreneurial world, and learn how to run a successful business. Participants from several regions, including Osh, Naryn, Kochkor, Suzak, Bazar-Korgon, Aravan as well as Bishkek, underwent intensive training with leading trainers and speakers of Kyrgyzstan’s business sphere.
The award judges included representatives from the State Agency of Youth, Sport and Cultural Affairs of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, USAID, Mountain Societies Development Support Programme, University of Central Asia, Accelerate Prosperity, Competitive Enterprises Project, and CAMPNI.
The event and training were organised in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan by UCA’s SPCE as part of the “Demilgeluu Jashtar” project, and funded by USAID Kyrgyzstan. The project aims to train 400 young people qualified to undergo the entrepreneurship programme and distribute grants to the most promising business ideas.
Grant recipient winners include:
- Argen Temirbekov (Naryn city): Sportswear sewing workshop;
- Mirbek Asanbekov (Naryn city): Souvenir production business;
- Nurai Aalykanova (Naryn city): Bed sheet sewing workshop;
- Gulzina Shabdanbek kyzy (Bishkek): Mini pastry shop;
- Temirlan Zhumadylov (Bishkek): “Lemene.kg” studio for women's clothing;
- Kalicha Ashirbek kyzy (Bazar-Korgon, Jalalabad region): Sportswear sewing workshop;
- Eldiyar Murzaliyev (Suzak, Jalalabad region): Bakery;
- Myktybek Adilbekov (Suzak, Jalalabad region): Furniture shop and transforming table production.