Information about the Coronavirus disease (Covid-19)
World Health Organisation Resources
- Coronavirus disease situation reports from the World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Critical preparedness, readiness and response actions for COVID-19
- WHO Dashboard
- Government of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Ministry of Health of the Republic of Tajikistan
- Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan
In light of COVID-19, and following a directive from the Government of Kyrgyzstan to close all schools and universities, classes at the University of Central Asia’s campus in Naryn have been temporarily suspended, and students are travelling home. At this time, UCA expects to re-open on June 1st, and continue the current semester. The 2020-2021 Academic Year will open on schedule as previously announced in early September.
There were tearful goodbyes as UCA students started leaving the Naryn campus on March 16. University staff scrubbed and sanitized the vehicles, and distributed face masks and hand sanitizers.
Mindful of the health and safety threats posed by the Covid-19 pandemic, the University of Central Asia will not be conducting an Admissions Test this year. Applicants were invited to submit UCA’s Stage 2 application form by June 21st 2020, including educational achievements, extracurricular activities, a personal statement, and recommendation forms. Successful candidates will be shortlisted for an interview. Good luck to all applicants!