ToR: Provision of Executive Entrepreneurship Training in Tourism to Promote Partnerships and Facilitate Export Opportunities
- Cross-marketing of products between the countries/regions;
- enhancing the digital knowledge and landscape (Digital Marketing /Website);
- Educating the participants on the inter-cultural tourism landscapes;
- Building a strong knowledge of the tourism products/attractions/operators etc across the Central Asia region.
(a) assessing the industrial development objectives, targets and the status as well as gaps and prepare relevant contextualized training package for participants from targeted countries.
(b) supporting international-oriented SMEs to facilitate tourism activities across borders, and long-term tourism business growth, support SME investees and training graduates to link to major trading partners in select markets.
(c) enabling Tourism industry actors to build stronger networks to advocate for the need of the sector.
(d) helping through the development of executive tourism training program and facilitation of regional networking and tourism events for SME owners and senior managers of which 1/3rd will be women or youth led.
(e) providing entrepreneurs with networking opportunities and an opportunity to have access to Accelerate Prosperity’s acceleration facilities across the region and by going through this executive training programme.
- Undertake desk research and analyse all the necessary documents/ training modules, training materials to fully understand the ground situation and existing training material available for training of Tourism Entrepreneurs (including existing UCA Training material); relevant national and international legislation and policies that have been signed/ratified pertaining to Entrepreneurship in Tourism.
- Carry out a stakeholder analysis to bring out the roles and responsibilities of key players and institutions in the sector.
- Carry out gap analysis to identify gaps in training imparted on Tourism Entrepreneurship. Map out the issues and identify the priorities in line with the objectives of this project. This should include consultations and meetings and key informant interviews with the relevant stakeholders (APs offices in Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan and Pakistan and AKF offices respectively as required).
- Produce a well-written and comprehensive training needs assessment report based on the above, including recommendations for:
- schedule of training;
- key topics and competencies to be covered.
- identify key resource persons;
- project assignment for participants and assessment;
- post-training evaluations and impact assessment.
- Conduct Training Assessment workshop and submit draft reports that should include desk review, situation report, stakeholders and gap need analysis.
- Based on the assessment, develop comprehensive 2 cycles of the training programme (a) and (c) below in English for both online and offline delivery of the course teaching for:
- 10 days cycle 1: Motivation, microeconomics and value–chain linkages. Tourism safety and growing solid waste problems. After completion, course participants will be able to establish/develop business networks with other tourism operators/businesses.
- 20 days cycle 2: Finance and decomposition of business; management; tax and law; human resources. After completion, course participants will be able to develop professional collaboration with their peers and create legal contracts to formalize cooperation ;
- 15 days cycle 3: Operations/product management; marketing (online tools); business planning. After completion, course participants will together be able to develop joint business plans, which can then be used as models for further replication across the region.
- Produce a mixed method (quantitative and qualitative) survey questionnaire. Such survey will be used to assess the knowledge of participants from 4 target countries before and after the 3 comprehensive training modules. Conducting surveys prior and post training will help the researchers to measure progress of the trainees before and after the training modules. Ultimately, survey results will help the instructors to evaluate effectiveness of the training modules, to make improvements, and adjust future courses.
- Share the draft modules with key experts for their review, incorporate comments and finalize the modules.
- It will be a good idea to also assess the skill level of the participants/students to gear the course materials accordingly.
- A postgraduate or equivalent qualification/degree in Economics, Business and Management, Entrepreneurship with particulars focus on tourism and any other relevant discipline.
- 5-7 years of prior work experience in the field of training, curriculum development and research especially in the regional and international context connected to the related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in conducting needs assessments and developing training modules/curriculum, training materials etc.
- Demonstrated experiences and skills in facilitating stakeholder/working group consultations and training.
- Relevant regional and international experience in the required field and contexts will be an added advantage.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills in English. Russian and Dari would be an advantage.
- Excellent skills in using Information Technology.
- Profile of consultant (max 1 page) explaining why they are the most suitable for the work.
- Relevant Experience (max 2 pages).
- Detailed methodology and conceptual framework with expected deliverables and timelines, days required (4-5 pages).
- CVs of experts.
- Contact information for three references.
- 20% on signing the contract and submission of a blueprint including workplan and methodology of assignment (in English).
- 20% on completion of training needs assessment and submission of Training Needs Analysis report.
- 40% on submission of comprehensive training manuals including conducting a workshop on presenting the findings and the curriculum (in English).
- 20% on completion of ToT training and submission of final report (in English).