Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Temporary)
Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic
Closing Date: 7 June 2023
Administrative Assistant serves as the primary contact person for visitors and provide administrative support to SPCE managers. This is a temporary position for the replacement of the main employee during the maternity leave.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain polite, knowledgeable, and receptive relations with visitors to the campus;
- Be informed of all campus activities and services, including any changes in policies, and procedures;
- Distribute instructions and messages to staff;
- Manage the campus switchboard, screen telephone calls, and direct visitors and students;
- Assist the campus managers with arranging appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements;
- Conducting office-work with documentation;
- Regulation of the schedule of office vehicle use;
- Keep the campus managers informed of public inquiries, perceptions, and satisfaction with the School;
- Maintain a data base of contact information for SPCE personnel, local organizations, educational institutions, and government;
- Within the guidelines set by this job description, agree to a work schedule, work plan, and reporting system with your supervisor; and;
- Other activities that may be from time to time assigned by your supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in a related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related field;
- Fluency in Kyrgyz and Russian, advanced level of English is obligatory;
- Knowledge of MS Office, Internet, e-mail;
- Flexibility and punctuality;
- Overall evaluation of performance indicators shall be at least “Very Good”.
How to Apply
Please submit your application (cover letter, CV and contact information of three references on https://bit.ly/45etqQM
Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan along with international applications are encouraged to apply for the position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities