Alumni Relations Officer
Alumni Relations Officer will assist the Advancement Manager in overseeing and implementing activities to promote active alumni engagement to further enrich connections between the University, its alumni/alumni associations and a broad range of external stakeholders to pursue its resource-mobilization goals to advance the mission of the University. Alumni Relations Officer is expected to assist in promoting philanthropy and efforts to raise the profile of associated philanthropic and charity initiatives in Central Asia through various fundraising activities of the University targeted towards UCA alumni, some of which will be events-based throughout the region. He/she will run the Alumni Associations/relations under the guidance and with the support of the Advancement Manager in close collaboration with APA department. One of the key roles of the Alumni Relations Officer is to prepare marketing materials, letters, bids for fundraising purposes and implement operating strategies including alumni fundraising plans.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate Alumni Associations/relations under the guidance and with the support of the Advancement Manager in close collaboration with APA department.
- Manage opening/registration processes and day-to-day activities of the alumni associations.
- Manage alumni records, databases, and reporting.
- Communicate with alumni through e-mail, direct letters, personally and update information on the database, website.
- Prepare marketing materials, letters, bids for fundraising purposes.
- Plan, coordinate and implement activities and programs to promote active alumni participation in programs and events and provide opportunities for renewed contacts with the University (such as reunions, club/association events, speakers, conferences, receptions, and other activities for alumni, students and other potential donors and supporters).
- Receive and respond to relevant requests for information and assistance from alumni.
- Promote alumni participation in programs and activities as assigned by the Advancement Manager.
- Represent the university to various institutional meetings, as well as externally to the media, governmental agencies, prospective funding agencies and individuals as appropriate.
- Assist in implementing annual fundraising campaigns.
- Train students and other volunteers to assist Alumni Associations and APA Department.
- Work closely with APA Department on marketing strategies.
- Maintain and update relevant fundraising and communications budgets, submit SAP documents.
- Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising including social media fundraising aided by/in cooperation with the Public Affairs Officer, Senior Graphic Designer and Media Production Coordinator, and Communications Officers of UCA Schools.
- Assist the Advancement Manager in developing and achieving UCA’s alumni fundraising targets and objectives in Central Asia.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, public/international relations, fundraising, government, or other germane fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in communications, business marketing/promotions, public relations, fundraising, student services.
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English, Russian, and professional working proficiency in spoken and written Kyrgyz, knowledge of Kazakh or/and Tajik is an asset.
- Highest level of competence in both written and oral communication to include b2b and mass communication (SMM, mail chimps).
- Practical knowledge of information technology systems, and user knowledge of SAP software, ability to work with databases is required.
- Knowledge of communication and marketing techniques, knowledge of media is an asset.
- Ability to participate as a team player to organize events and implement University’s fundraising initiatives, event management skills.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate volunteers and interns as assigned by Advancement Manager.
- Confident with public relations, including media relations when appropriate.
- Outstanding organizational and strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid planning and analytical abilities.
- Ability to develop, write and implement operating plans including alumni fundraising plans, ability to think critically and creatively.
- An eagerness to understand and appreciate the mission and objectives of the University.
- Fast learner.
- Ability to work flexible hours, ability to travel.
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Alumni Relations Officer, APA”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.