Assistant in Procurement and Materials Management
Contract Duration: until 31/12/2023 (with possibility of extension)
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Materials Management Manager in collaboration with the relevant staff of the UCA departments and units, the Procurement Assistant shall support all aspects of procurement and materials management activities within UCA Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan including planning, order placement, vendor selection, purchase and delivery, inventory control, material handling and logistics, in compliance with specifications established by UCA and by relevant regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle procurement requests within UCA locations
- To participate to the finalizing of the statement of requirements.
- Preparation of bidder lists.
- Review orders and create requisitions for purchased items, manage approval process
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders
- Prepare Release of Payments along with supportive documents
- Follow-up payment execution process
- Substitute MMD colleagues while they are on leave.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Intermediate command of written and spoken English is a requirement.
- Proficiency in Russian is a must.
- Speaking Kyrgyz and/or Tajik would be an advantage.
- Advanced level in Excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft programs
- Honest and trustworthy; strong work ethic and diligent performer;
- Ability to work under stress,
- Good team player, being able to feel, appreciate and use the drive of the team is a must;
- Proven ability to solve problems, in the context of conflicting or absent regulations
- Action and results-orientated; fast-learning
- ability to work cooperatively across an organization with many levels of staff and leadership; sensitivity to various organizational interests; diplomacy;
- Attention to detail; accuracy in reporting and operations
- Self-confidence; resourcefulness.
- sense of humor while creatively and effectively functioning in a work atmosphere of continuously shifting sands and numerous equally important deadlines
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to email@example.com by 09 February 2023 . Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “MMD Assistant”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.