Attorney will be part of the OLA team that handles all UCA legal matters in its Founding States (Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan). Practice areas will include, among others, the following: contract, civil, employment, international, construction, tax and customs, property, and intellectual property law and laws affecting not-for-profit education institutions. He will report to the Director of Legal Affairs. Duration of the contract: 1 year.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely draft and review contracts and other legal documents;
- Undertake research, draft legal memoranda and provide legal analysis and recommendations on a variety of issues arising from UCA activities;
- Review and comment upon internal policy documents, guidelines, regulations and manuals;
- Assist with OLA’s project and initiatives (intranet, knowledge management, etc.);
- Perform other related assignments, as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Specialist Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in law (LLM would be an advantage);
- A minimum of three years of experience as a lawyer (experience with well-known law firms is desired);
- Good researching, drafting and communication skills in English and Russian;
- Ability to research and knowledge of Kyrgyz, Kazakh, and/or Tajik laws;
- Good planning, organization and attention to details;
- Strong work ethic, client confidentiality;
- Strong computer skills, including word processing;
- Ability to independently interact and communicate with the stakeholders;
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities;
- Strong organizational and document management skills.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to email@example.com by 25 October 2021. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Attorney”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.