Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Closing Date: 31 March 2023
Cashier refers to the support level personnel and is financially accountable person. The main functions are preparing documents and receiving cash, checkbooks, and payment orders in banks, in accordance with established procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Streamlines the record keeping for all the transactions in regard to fee collection and prepare accurate and timely financial report on a monthly basis.
Maintains accounting records of all cash, bank checks and related transactions with the strict observance of appropriate rules to ensure their safety.
- Conducts bank transfers and currency conversion.
- Maintains the cashbook in accordance with the debit and credit accounts.
- Performs and keeps track of the approved payments; Performs regular cash counts and reconciliation;
- Ensures registration of financial documents;
- Assists in checking and verifying all payments and makes recommendation for the payment processing while ensuring compliance with the UCA financial policies and procedures and authority matrix;
- Performs and assists as needed with daily accounting operations, including cash receipts, disbursements and accruals, operating within SAP information system;
- Assists in periodic physical verification of fixed assets in accordance with the policy; Assists in compilation of UCA financial reports on periodic basis including travel, sectional report, advances and payables, etc.
- Undertakes any other assignment given by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in the field of Finance or Accounting from a reputed institution.
- Minimum 2 years of professional working experience in a similar position;
- Qualification such as CAP/CIPA is an advantage;
- Fluent in English, Russian and Tajik languages;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks successfully;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Computer literate: MS Word, MS Excel, Internet and email. Experience with SAP would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2023. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. In your application e-mail subject, please write: “Cashier”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities.