The School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE) is seeking Coordinator for its Learning Centre in Almaty, who will coordinate, organize and oversee successful implementation of educational and project activities, as well as provide administrative management and monitoring support.
The University of Central Asia (UCA) was founded in 2000 as a private, not for profit, secular university through an International Treaty signed by the Presidents of the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan, and His Highness the Aga Khan; ratified by their respective parliaments and registered with the United Nations. The Presidents are the Patrons of the University and His Highness is the Chancellor. UCA’s mission is to promote the social and economic development of Central Asia, particularly its mountain communities, by offering an internationally recognized standard of higher education, and enabling the peoples of the region to preserve their rich cultural heritage as assets for the future.
The School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE) is one of the University of Central Asia’s three schools and leads the Institution’s engagement with the broader society by offering a range of non-degree courses and programmes to a wide specter of learners. SPCE runs 16 Learning Centers (LC) in three Central Asian countries including: Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, and Afghanistan. The SPCE programs meet immediate and emerging needs of communities for skills and qualifications for employment, occupational and educational mobility and improvement of livelihoods.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide management coordination and control over educational and methodical work on programs of professional and continuing education and outreach activities at SPCE Learning Center.
- Lead implementation and improvement of the quality assurance system of the educational process.
- Facilitate coordination of teachers, monitor implementation of the schedule of the educational process. Control optimal distribution of academic load among the staff.
- Approve class schedules and examinations for all programs at the learning Centre.
- Coordinate activities of all educational areas on licensing, certification and accreditation of educational courses and programs in the state bodies and as relevant.
- Ensure compliance with legal regulations and financial policies and procedures in the organization and conduct of the educational processes, the preparation of contracts with learners.
- Ensure timely preparation of the established reporting documentation for academic work and final documents for approval by the SPCE Central Administration Office.
- Assist in the development and/or improvement of routines, tools or systems for monitoring evaluation, accountability and learning.
- Cooperate with state and municipal authorities, enterprises, institutions and organizations on educational issues.
- Responsible for part of the remuneration of part-time instructors, for the quality of teaching and is responsible for evaluation process.
- Organize and administer issues related to premises, logistics, communications, equipment, procurement with the relevant departments.
- Coordinate timely implementation of all project’s aspects with particular emphasis, specific activities described in the project documents
- Ensure adherence to administrative, project management and financial rules and regulations;
- Coordinate project procurement and logistics activities with SPCE Kazakhstan admin team
- Prepare reports for projects and jointly-implemented activities.
- Look for funding opportunity to match with SPCE students’ business projects
- Support information and dissemination activities and advocate for the project among the key stakeholders; provide marketing tools according with marking and branding policy of UCA and donor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in Education, Business Administration or IT
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in academic setting and/or in project/programme management
- Management and leadership skills, ability to build support and promote the Learning Centre.
- Excellent knowledge and Report Writing Skills in English, knowledge of Kazakh and Russian is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft applications
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 May 2022. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Coordinator, SPCE Learning Centre, Almaty”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.