The School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE) has 17 Learning Centres across the region of which 2 are in Kazakhstan - Tekeli and Almaty. SPCE is looking for Country Head, based in Tekeli, who will promote and market the school, negotiate, build support with local communities, regional and national governments, international organizations, and other stakeholders. The Country Head will coordinate, organise and oversee successful implementation of academic/project activities, as well as provide leadership and monitoring support for non-degree programmes/courses that lead to enhancing employability and income generation for learners. The Country Head is member of SPCE Senior Management team and Academic Committee is key position within the school and reports to SPCE Director.
The University of Central Asia (UCA) was founded in 2000 as a private, not for profit, secular university through an International Treaty signed by the Presidents of the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan, and His Highness the Aga Khan; ratified by their respective parliaments and registered with the United Nations. The Presidents are the Patrons of the University and His Highness is the Chancellor. UCA’s mission is to promote the social and economic development of Central Asia, particularly its mountain communities, by offering an internationally recognized standard of higher education, and enabling the peoples of the region to preserve their rich cultural heritage as assets for the future.
The School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE) is one of the University of Central Asia’s three schools and leads the Institution’s engagement with the broader society by offering a range of non-degree courses and programmes to a wide specter of learners. SPCE runs 16 Learning Centers (LC) in three Central Asian countries including: Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, and Afghanistan. The SPCE programs meet immediate and emerging needs of communities for skills and qualifications for employment, occupational and educational mobility and improvement of livelihoods.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, management and control over the organization of educational and training programs of professional and continuing education and outreach activities of SPCE Kazakhstan.
- Promote and build partnerships and support, advocate the school among the key stakeholders.
- Ensure implementation and improvement of the quality assurance system of the educational process.
- Promote the University and School, actively develop new directions and programmes, conducts needs assessments.
- Coordinate activities on licensing, certification and accreditation of educational courses and programs and represent SPCE with the local authority.
- Ensure compliance with legal regulations and administrative/financial policies/ procedures/rules in the organization and conducting educational process.
- Coordinate timely implementation of projects in coordination with relevant staff and departments of UCA.
- Organise and administer issues related to premises, logistics, communications, equipment and procurement with relevant departments of UCA.
- Travel as needed through the region and internationally to fulfill responsibilities of the position.
- Be responsible for timely reporting and overall performance of the Schools’s measures agreed with the Director of SPCE.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A graduate degree, preferably in Education or Business Administration.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience in academic setting and/or in projects/programmes.
- Management and leadership skills, ability to build support and promote the school.
- Excellent knowledge and Report Writing Skills in English, Russian and Kazakh languages.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced user of Computer applications and Internet.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by 20 May 2022. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Country Head, SPCE Kazakhstan”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.