Executive Assistant to the Dean of SAS will be responsible for a wide range of complex administrative, operational, and governance tasks. These responsibilities include (i) supporting the Dean of SAS with frequent communication and interaction with senior-level personnel, interaction with SAS academic programmes and units, as well as across organization and (ii) providing professional, efficient and hands-on Executive Assistant support to the Dean. A high attention to detail along with excellent organizational, communication, presentation and advanced reporting skills are key components of the role. S/he should be a resourceful candidate able to demonstrate flexibility, working independently in a challenging environment, and experienced in handling sensitive information. The incumbent will be providing support to SAS DO/Manager of AO with designated tasks and assigned projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a primary/initial contact and authoritative information source on the Dean of SAS’ activities;
- Ensure proper organization and follow up on meetings of the Dean (including planning, arrangement, taking minutes and filing/e-archiving);
- Facilitate and coordinate details regarding special requests, and special events;
- Prepare reports to the Dean of SAS related to SAS activities/operations, which include but not limited to collecting and consolidating data, verifying and preparing for final submission;
- Provide key liaison between the Dean of SAS and senior-level management;
- Monitor and track the Dean of SAS’s tasks execution and feedback;
- Proof-read documents and correspondence and act as interpreter when necessary;
- Identify types of requests and coordinate timely response with relevant departments within the Organization;
- Provide any administrative support to the Dean of SAS: travelling, appointing meeting, scheduling daily and long-term activities of the Dean, drafting plans etc;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned;
- Organize/coordinate SAS and SAS DO’s events in cooperation with SAS DO;
- Assist SAS DO/Manager of AO with SAS academic departmental needs as and when required;
- Assist SAS DO/Manager of AO with one-off projects or designated tasks.
Occasional Significant Duties
- Any other tasks relevant to this position’s main roles and responsibilities as assigned by its supervisors (direct and dotted line).
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BA degree in Linguistics/General Management Studies / Business Administration or other related areas;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and writing skills;
- Experience of handling sensitive information, using discretion and confidentiality;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks successfully;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Demonstrated ability or previous experience working in a multi-cultural environment and establishing harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization;
- Demonstrate a high level of energy, enthusiasm, initiative, motivation and commitment;
- Ability to travel occasionally within Central Asian region.
- Strong academic and business writing skills (reports, protocols, concept papers, graphs etc.);
- Advanced user of MS programmes (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point);
- Experience working in ERP systems (SAP) is highly desirable.
- Advanced/proficient knowledge of English and Russian;
- Good knowledge of duty station’s national language.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2021. Applications will be reviewed when Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by October 15, 2021. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Executive Assistant to the Dean of SAS ”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.