The Facilities Manager will participate in decisions related to maintenance and operation of the buildings and infrastructure, technology operations, replacement and renovation, and the safety and security of the campus and its staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage multi-craft activities involved in preventive, scheduled, and emergency maintenance, cleaning, repair, and renovation of buildings, mechanical systems, physical plant, and/or grounds.
- Oversee all facets of the daily operations of the organizational unit, ensuring compliance with the University, and Government policies and regulations.
- Develop or assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of the campus.
- Oversee activities of contractors, vendor personnel, and suppliers; monitors contracts for compliance and controls costs; monitors general expenditures of campus.
- Supervise personnel which typically includes recommendations for recruitment, separation, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Play a key role in representing the UCA at external events and where appropriate organize and help plan functions or events at the Campus.
- Prepare and manage annual budgets in accordance to the expectations and guidance of UCA management and Board
- Prepare and present operational reports on a timely basis for the review and guidance UCA management and Board
- In accordance to manufacturer and supplier specifications, help develop and implement an operations and maintenance plan for the facility. This will include but not be limited to; arranging regular maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing , IT and telecommunications and other systems; managing maintenance of the architectural and structural systems; implementing inventory control systems; arranging for regular and appropriate maintenance of the landscaping and outdoor facilities, and developing an efficient database system for all technical and other relevant documents.
- Develop and implement systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the campus.
- Develop and maintain emergency/disaster preparedness and recovery plans.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Assist with planning and on ground project management of the implementation of the UCA land use strategy
- Facilitate outsourcing services on campus to support Environment and Facility effective and efficient maintenance.
- Coordinate LEAN project implementation on campus.
- Ensure that facilities contracts are appropriately managed by engaging with contractors to certify work is appropriately carried out.
- Ensure building regulatory compliance through regular safety inspections.
- Assist in the implementation of the UCA’s Business Continuity Management Policy and plans.
- Support AKDN’s ambitious nets-zero GHG emissions commitment, continue the implementation of the activities on environment protection and effective use of resources across the University, including reduction of use of paper, eliminating usage of single-use plastic bags, bottles and containers, waste management and increasing the current scale of composting
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in facility management, architecture, engineering, construction management, or business administration. The degree can be at the graduate or undergraduate level.
- At least five years supervisory and/or management experience in a Facilities Management setting preferably in a University setting.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Project planning skills.
- Skilled in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Knowledge of computer security and audit procedures and requirements.
- Knowledge of Government, and local codes and ordinances pertinent to facilities planning, design, construction, and maintenance.
- Ability to coordinate and/or supervise independent contractors.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, building materials, and emergency maintenance.
- Knowledge of emergency and disaster recovery planning.
- Fluency and knowledge of Kyrgyz, Russian and English is an important asset.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Facilities Manager”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.