Finance Assistant will undertake cashier’s role at the Central Administration Office of the University of Central Asia.
- Effectively maintain the main cashbook at Central Administration Office;
- Perform cash counts and reconcile with system cash balance on a daily basis;
- Check petty cash reports;
- Ensure effective processing of all bank and cash payments with adherence to the financial policies and procedures and in accordance with the UCA authority matrix;
- Keep track of cash balances and ensuring the adequate level of cash balance for payments;
- Prepare bank payment orders and cheques in accordance with the approvals and coordinate the signing of the payment orders/cheques with the authorized bank signatories;
- Keep a systematic track of all payments vis-a-vis due dates and actual payment dates and ensure timely intimation to relevant parties;
- Keep track of incoming funds and collect incoming funds confirmation from bank on a weekly basis;
- Maintain and update the history of currency conversion rates for the relevant currencies on a daily basis
- Keep track of bank balance status on a daily basis including projected payment for the day and prepare conversion orders for payments;
- Reconcile bank balances in the bank statement with the information in the financial system at the end of each month;
- Coordinate with the person responsible for the Operations, Construction, Payroll and Campuses for reconciling reports and providing relevant input;
- Effectively participate in the implementation of the SAP System (Systems, Applications and Products) at the UCA.
- Assist other team members of the UCA finance as per need.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of the education/experience in the field of Finance and Accounting.
- International qualification such as CAP/CIPA is an advance
- 1-3 years of experience in a related role with experience in NGO
- Strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please send your CV,Cover letter and three references to email@example.com by 02 February 2023. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Finance Assistant” .
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities