The Financial Analyst is a member of SPCE Senior Management Team responsible for overseeing the school’s Finance function related to monitoring and in-depth analysis school activities, including projects to maximize efficiencies, ensuring proper allocation of expenses to budget lines with a view to reducing the call on core funding resources, recommends actions to be taken. The Financial Analyst directly reports to the Director of SPCE and works in close collaboration with the Finance department of UCA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops budgets for externally funded projects to ensure all activities proposed are provided for in the budgets.
- Monitors and reports on budget execution of ongoing projects, analyses actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Develops a robust cost analysis, provides forecasts focusing on a more efficient allocation of expenses during the grants period.
- Works out recommendations to improve managerial decision-making providing analysis on variances.
- Regularly checks SAP system to ensure data are correctly entered and comparing this data with those contained in the original proposal.
- Coordinate with SPCE Centres and with other partners budget preparation of new projects, assists in annual budgeting process.
- Alerts management to certain technical accounting issues that may arise (e.g. a given activity is funded by partial contributions from multiple sources);
- Assists in quarterly, year-end and projects’ end financial reports;
- Advises on better quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Other relevant tasks as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- MBA degree or equivalent in Finance and/or Project Management
- Five years' experience in SAP or related ERP system, grants management with an international organization in Central Asia engaged in significant grant activity
- Strong communication abilities, able to collaborate and be a team player.
- Interpersonal skills, ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Fluency in Russian and English, knowing Kyrgyz, Kazakh or Tajik languages will be an advantage.
- Computer literate and comfortable with Microsoft Windows, Office applications – demonstrate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
Candidates from Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th January, 2022. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. In your application e-mail subject, please write: “Financial Analyst”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities