Full Time English Language Instructor
Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Khujand,Tajikistan
The English language Instructor vacancy is a full-time position and requires full-day engagement. The instructor reports to the Coordinator of the Learning Centre and works closely with other staff members of UCA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching English courses and programmes.
- Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students;
- Coordinating specific English programmes;
- Conduct testing of candidates for enrollment in English programmes in order to determine their level and assist with forming of the groups;
- Participating in developing proposals for corporate English courses and programmes;
- Participating in marketing and promotion of SPCE courses and programmes;
- Submitting reporting documents (individual plans, examination registers, grade reports) on time;
- Ensuring high attendance of students in classes, contacting students, and reacting on their needs;
- Ensuring a high success rate of students;
- Performing other duties (extra-curricular activities, English clubs);
- Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
- Advising student on career issues.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in teaching English.
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience, teaching adults would be an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Russian languages (TKT, Cambridge, IELTS, TOEFL certificates required);
- Communication Skills: Instructor must be a good communicator as he/she will be on many occasions communicating with parents and also other teaching staff;
- Instruction Skills: The Instructor will have to explain unfamiliar concepts with authority and concisely so that students can understand;
- Writing Skills: Writing skills are critical;
- Creativity: Teachers must find ways to involve students into their lessons; Additionally, teachers must work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
How to Apply
Please submit your application (cover letter, CV and contact information of three references) on https://bit.ly/3ALhGY6. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities