Head of Student Recruitment
The Head of Student Recruitment is to design and implement the University of Central Asia’s (UCA’s) student recruitment strategy. While the Head of Student Recruitment will lead a small and entrepreneurial team, this is a hands-on recruitment position. Under the direction of the University Registrar, develops, supervises, and evaluates the University's strategic recruitment plan. Works closely with leadership to integrate efforts ensuring an effective approach to recruiting students. Manages the day-to-day operations of Student recruitment. The position is responsible for hiring, training and supervising recruitment staff, organizing and implementing of all admissions processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, leading, developing, and implementing student recruitment activities such as campus open houses, high school visits, information sessions, university fairs, online tools development, presence at Olympiads, development of communications materials, ad community engagement will all fall under the purview of the Head of Student Recruitment
- Coordination and delivery of visits to high schools across the Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan, and Tajikistan, especially in rural areas. The sessions will inform potential applicants, teachers, and parents with accurate information about all aspects of applying to and studying at UCA
- Help to raise UCA’s profile within the wider community and forge close relationships with potential feeder high schools
- Provide vision, leadership, management, and direction for the student recruitment team.
- Manage and participate in the implementation of the recruitment process, while implementing systems, processes, and procedures to ensure student recruitment at UCA is effective, within budget, and replicable over time
- Develop strategic goals and actions to achieve target enrollment
- Create, implement, and report on annual goals, objectives, and a plan of action for attracting and retaining students
- Manage the daily operations of the Student Recruitment and Admission Office, including budget, database, files, correspondence, and mailings
- Establishing the process for evaluating applicants
- Assisting in planning and implementing admission guidelines
- Planning and organizing of UCA Admissions Test
- Schedule the Admissions Test dates and over-see the smooth conduct of the examination
- Analyzing of entrance examination/ test results and feed results to the University registrar and University Management
- Planning and developing admissions interviews
- Planning, developing, and managing Selection Committee processes
- Working on compiling the acceptance, rejection and waiting list based on the Selection committee recommendations
- Collaborate closely with the School of Arts and Sciences’ faculty and staff
- Produce recruitment and admissions reports and submission documents in a timely manner for the Office of the Registrar and relevant University committees
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the University Registrar
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Significant (5+ years) experience in higher education marketing, recruitment, and student recruitment and admission at a senior level
- Strong professional familiarity with Central Asian secondary and post-secondary education landscape
- Ability and experience in analyzing statistical data on admissions, registration and examinations
- Experience with student recruitment and University admissions processes within Central Asia.
- Strong network of relationships with high school principals across Central Asia
- Proven experience of leading the successful delivery of recruitment and admissions programmes
- Experience managing academic related events
- Experience of leading, mentoring, and managing the work and performance of others to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Experience building and managing complex schedules and involving meetings, presentations, and travel
- Experience conducting and managing admissions testing
- Working with marketing to ensure promotional materials and online content and social networking content supports the recruitment effort
- Counselling prospective students and families regarding the application and admission process
- Highly developed and polished interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong operational and logistics management skills
- Ability to work effectively with and manage diverse teams
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short-term and long-term goals
- Strong networking skills and ability to connect with individuals and audience alike
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to design and maintain tracking of data related to student recruitment
- Advanced English and Russian.
- Some knowledge of Kyrgyz, Tajik, or Kazakh would be an asset.
- Master’s degree in Student Affairs, Student Personnel Administration, Student Affairs, Education, Public Administration, or another related field. Three (3) years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in higher education, in admissions, recruitment, outreach and marketing, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- OR Bachelor’s degree in Student Affairs, Student Personnel Administration, Education, Public Administration, or related field AND five (5) years of progressively responsible, professional level experience in higher education, in admissions, recruitment, outreach and marketing, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- OR Bachelor’s degree in any field AND seven (7) years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in higher education, in admissions, recruitment, outreach and marketing, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
How to Apply
Please submit your application (cover letter, CV and contact information of three references on https://bit.ly/3q21I9S
Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities