Internal Communications Manager
The primary purpose of this role is to co-ordinate internal employee communications for UCA with the aim of enabling employees to feel informed and connected with the work they are undertaking and ensure the ‘employee voice’ contributes to the overall progress of the University.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the HR and Advancement and Public Affairs Departments team to deliver an internal communications strategy and implementation/engagement plan.
- Work with colleagues across UCA to build a listening culture and build feedback mechanisms into internal communications to enable employees to have an opportunity for multi- level dialogue.
- Ensure institutional goals, initiatives and ‘people news’ is communicated effectively and in line with UCA values.
- Work with senior leadership to ensure change programs and internal campaigns are well communicated.
- Design, develop and coordinate an annual UCA employee engagement survey to identify sources of motivation/demotivation and build a proactive response strategy.
- Champion the importance of the ‘employee voice’ and inclusion across the institution.
- Manage and maintain the UCA intranet to ensure it is an informative, accurate and up to date source of useful organizational information.
- Provide direction and provide support to HR and other colleagues to enable them to meet their objectives.
- Write high quality creative communication material/content through own work and by working through other team members.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant experience in a communications role, ideally in-house
- Able to work effectively and productively with internal stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent English language writing and editing as well as high-level competence in Russian and other languages of the Founding States
- Experience with communications tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively
- Ability to plan well so that deadlines are met, and quality output is maintained, with minimal resources
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
The position will be based in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic but require regional travel.
Salary and Package: Salary and package to attract the best candidate.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28, 2022. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Internal Communications Manager”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.