The University of Central Asia is seeking a Senior Student Recruiter who will assist in the design and implementation of UCA’s student recruitment strategy. A major component of the role will be in identifying feeder schools, arrangement and delivery of visits to high schools across the rural areas of Kyrgyzstan. This is a hands-on recruitment position that will involve planning and implementing student recruitment activities such as, but not limited to, an on-campus open house, high school visits (if necessary in Kazakhstan and Tajikistan), information sessions (if necessary in Kazakhstan and Tajikistan), university fairs, pre-university upgrading programmes, online webinars, student and community engagement in all three Founding states and other initiatives that will contribute to a greater number of applicants from Kyrgyzstan.
The information sessions will inform potential applicants, teachers, and parents with accurate information about all aspects of applying to and studying at UCA. The Senior Student Recruiter will help raise UCA’s profile within the wider community including high school principals, teachers, students and their parents, and forge close relationships with potential feeder high schools across rural Kyrgyzstan. The Senior Student Recruiter will also assist with logistics around admissions and financial aid.
The Senior Student Recruiter will be expected to work closely with every member of School of Arts and Sciences, especially the Registrar, and with all other UCA units, such as School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE), Graduate School of Development’s Institute of Public Policy and Administration and Mountain Societies Research Institute (IPPA, MSRI), Cultural Heritage and Humanities Unit (CHHU), Central Asian Faculty Development Programme (CAFDP), and Aga Khan Humanities Project (AKHP).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination and delivery of visits to high schools across the rural areas of Kyrgyzstan
- Involve implementing student recruitment activities such as campus open houses, high school visits, educational centers visits, information sessions, university fairs, and community engagement
- Help to raise UCA`s profile within the wider community including high schools’ principals, teachers, students and their parents, and forge close relationships with potential feeder high schools across rural Kyrgyzstan
- Contribute to the logistics around admissions and financial aid
- Coordinate university participation of staff and alumni for national and local university recruitment fairs, conferences and related outreach events
- Participate in and/or organize and implement all aspects of large, multi-departmental special events utilizing presentation and promotional materials, maintaining budgetary and operational controls, coordination skills with multiple entities and representing the university at local, statewide and national events
- Arrange visits and tours for prospective students and parents
- Analyze trends in recruitment and retention programs; develop strategies for program evaluation
- Gather and analyze data and prepares descriptive, statistical, and evaluative reports related to student recruitment; prepares proposals regarding recruitment and outreach activities
- Advise prospective students and applicants on entry level, programme choice, entry criteria, qualifications and scholarships, referring them to other staff as appropriate
- Respond to inquiries in person, on the phone and via email and social media
- Any other tasks relevant to this position`s main roles and responsibilities as assigned by its supervisor
- The position will be based in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. It is estimated that Kyrgyzstan Senior Student Recruiter will be in the field for at least 10 to 15 days per month, from October to June each year due to the nature of the recruitment cycle. Length and location of travel is subject to change.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in higher education marketing, recruitment, and student recruitment and admissions at a senior level
- Strong professional familiarity with the Kyrgyzstan secondary and post-secondary education landscape
- Strong network of relationships with high school principals across Rural Kyrgyzstan
- Experience at building relationships with senior high school students and their parents
- Experience managing academic related events
- Experience in public speaking and presentation delivery
- Experience building and managing complex schedules, presentations, and travel
- Working with marketing to ensure promotional materials and online content and social networking content supports the recruitment effort
- Experience with financial aid processes at the university level
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong operational and logistics management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short-term and long-term goals
- Strong networking skills and ability to connect with individuals and audiences alike
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to design and maintain tracking of data related to student recruitment
- Advanced English, Kyrgyz and Russian
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution
Candidates from Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to email@example.com by 04 June 2022. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. In your application e-mail subject, please write: “Kyrgyzstan Senior Student Recruiter”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities.