The University of Central Asia (UCA) is a private (not for profit), secular University whose charter has been signed by the Presidents of Tajikistan, the Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan, and His Highness the Aga Khan, ratified by the parliaments of the founding states and registered with the United Nations. UCA is the first internationally chartered university in the world. UCA’s mission is to foster the socio-economic development of Central Asia, particularly its mountain societies, while helping the peoples of the region preserve and draw upon their rich cultural heritages as assets for the future.
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The Legal Intern will be part of the OLA team that handles all legal matters affecting UCA in three states (Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Kazakhstan). The Legal Intern will serve as a generalist in the office with responsibilities including, among other things, document management, legal audit, legal research, reviewing and drafting documents.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and analyze the law on various issues and writing briefs
- Review and draft legal documents
- Assist with OLA’s project and initiatives (intranet, archive, etc.)
- Assist with basic clerical duties such as taking calls, arranging meetings etc.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Law School student with good academic credentials or recent graduate of law school
- Good research and drafting skills
- Knowledge of English and Russian with fluency in reading and writing
- Strong work ethic, client confidentiality
- Good computer skills and attention to details
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
How to Apply
Please send your CV,Cover letter and three references to email@example.com by 8 December 2022. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: ““Legal Intern” .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.