The University of Central Asia is seeking a Manger of Academic Affairs to support UCA SPCE with strategy implementation in Tekeli, Kazakhstan. This involves managing projects, programs, people and systems as well as conducting research, business modeling and participating in strategic planning. This individual will work primarily with the Country Head of SPCE in areas of project management, project tracking, and project implementation including but not limited to:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracking of all academic programs and creation of operational plans to ensure SPCE is on track with its academic activities: student recruitment activities, faculty recruitment, faculty development, faculty research and promotion/progression policies, library acquisition strategy, marketing and communications strategy and other academic services of the University;
- Support in the implementation of academic programmes (including upgrading programmes, curriculum development, all strategic and operational plans);
- Support in the development and administration of SPCE budget;
- Responsible for process improvement activities within SPCE and across departments where there is an impact on SPCE;
- Takes a lead in troubleshooting any issues related to operations of academic affairs;
- Lead weekly status meetings to all staff/faculty in SPCE;
- Play a supervisory function overseeing all staff and faculty’s needs are being addressed (including HR issues, training and development activities etc.);
- Oversee and lead for all hiring in SPCE in collaboration with HR including development of resume criteria, hiring and onboarding processes;
- Develop and deliver onboarding processes and programmes for all new hires in SPCE (faculty, support resources, etc.);
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth operations of SPCE; and
- Support in the writing of Management and Board Reports related to SPCE.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 5 or more years of experience managing operations;
- Experience in a university and or academic setting;
- Experience managing complex projects and managing a team from diverse backgrounds;
- Proven leadership experience and successful delivery of programmes;
- Experience in communicating complex information with clarity and a demonstrated high level of analytical thinking;
- Experience of academic writing;
- Familiarity with Central Asian secondary and post-secondary education landscape would be an asset;
- An understanding of HR and people management would be an asset;
- Advanced English.
- Working with senior managers both inside and outside the organisation;
- Strong people management skills;
- Project management and process improvement experience;
- Strong planning, forecasting and financial modeling skills;
- Excellent written, oral, research, and communication skills;
- Experience managing multiple projects and issues concurrently;
- High levels of proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams;
- Experience managing diverse teams;
- Demonstrated initiative, motivation, and determination;
- Ability to work independently and autonomously in a high-pressure environment; and
- Strong understanding of confidentiality and handling of sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution in Business or Engineering
- Master’s degree from a reputable institution in Business or Academic Administration will be an asset
The Manager of Academic Affairs will report to the Country Head and work closely with the other members of the SPCE.
* The job description is subject to change.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to email@example.com by October 20, 2021. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Manager of Academic Affairs, SPCE, Tekeli”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.