Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer and in collaboration with the relevant staff of the UCA departments and units, the Materials Management Manager shall be responsible to manage all aspects of procurement and materials management activities within UCA including planning, scheduling, order placement, vendor selection, purchase and delivery, inventory control, material handling and logistics, and to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and efficacy of the processes in compliance with policies and procedures established by UCA and by relevant regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the UCA relevant departments and with an objective to provide high-quality and cost-effective service, plan, organize, develop and direct the operation of the Materials Management Department including purchasing, receiving, storage, distribution and disposal of materials, laboratory equipment and chemicals, building and maintenance equipment, furniture and soft goods, food items, IT and educational equipment and supplies.
- Provide strategic planning support to University management for all Materials Management activities that helps in smooth running of overall operations.
- In collaboration with University Leadership, establish yearly cost reduction initiatives related to standardization with attainable and measurable financial targets.
- Develop and promote a customer-focused orientation toward materials management; promote a collaborative culture between Materials Management, end users and other departments.
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UCA rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Work collaboratively with users departments to support cost reduction initiatives, products standardization, and utilization.
- Plan, organize, develop and direct the capital and maintenance contract budget processes including negotiations of capital equipment deals and life cycle cost analysis.
- Assist in the review and negotiation of all contract terms, conditions and pricing for UCA’s Campuses and locations.
- Organize joint procurement processes for the AKDN Agencies in accordance with AKDN Group Purchase platform.
- Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programs and ensure a coherent approach to meeting UCA needs.
- Ensure approved procurement timeline is respected for each procurement case.
- Assists departmental managers with identifying their material needs.
- Conduct inventory counting processes to ensure a shipment's accuracy. Evaluate and manage stock rotation procedures.
- Ensure proper and non-disruptive ERP functioning and operation in accordance with UCA Procurement Policy.
- Plan and implement ongoing training and development of the Materials Management Department’s staff to enhance their technical capacity.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to work in a start-up environment, under uncertainty and in a demanding environment; ability to feel, appreciate and use the drive of the team is a must;
- Sophisticated negotiation skills. Strong knowledge of related industry operating costs, procurement methods, and pricing practices.
- Action and results-orientated; honest and trustworthy; strong work ethic and diligent performer; ability to work cooperatively across an organization with many levels of staff and leadership;
- Attention to detail; sensitivity to various organizational interests; tactfulness;
- Self-confidence; resourcefulness; organizational skills;
- Ability to maintain composure, dignity, and a sense of humor while creatively and effectively functioning in a work atmosphere of continuously shifting sands and numerous equally important deadlines.
- Excellent business acumen and analytical skills along with in-depth knowledge of ERP.
- Fluency in English and Russian is required.
- Working knowledge of Tajik, Kyrgyz and/or Kazakh would be an asset.
Candidates from Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to email@example.com by 15 December, 2021. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. In your application e-mail subject, please write: “Materials Management Manager”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities.