The University of Central Asia is seeking a full time Mathematics Faculty Member to teach Math courses to students majoring in Global Economics and Earth and Environmental Sciences at the UCA Khorog Campus in Tajikistan. In your role as a Faculty Member, you will be actively involved in the development, planning, preparation, and undertaking of all academic upgrading initiatives related to Mathematics instruction within the duration of your contract. The Faculty Member is expected to teach two courses (totally 12 credit points) each semester for two/three cohorts of 20-25 international students by engaging students in problem-solving and concrete examples and applications to abstract ideas. The Mathematics Faculty Member's position supposes to ensure students are prepared for mathematics rigors and their application across other disciplines. Central to the vision of UCA is to create an outstanding teaching and research institution that excels in the generation and application of knowledge. Academic programmes combine the student-centered environment of a liberal arts college with the intellectual excitement of being at the frontiers of knowledge offered by a research university. The language of instruction for undergraduate studies is English. The Mathematics Faculty Member will teach a series of Mathematics courses preferably Calculus I and II, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics and Statistics. As a Faculty Member, you will be dedicated to teaching two/three cohorts and providing each student with individual academic attention to ensure they master and apply the material.
- A master’s degree or equivalent in Mathematics from an internationally recognized university.
- University teaching experience in the relevant field.
- Experience with the curriculum design and development.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
- A demonstrated commitment to teaching and students; preferably 3+ years of experience at the undergraduate level.
- Demonstrated understanding of pedagogy, i.e. developing new and interesting courses grounded in a discipline area and interdisciplinary in nature.
- Experience using innovative teaching methods and evaluation methodologies.
- Experience in teaching in Central Asia would be a valuable asset.
- Advanced Academic English is required, and knowledge of Tajik and/or Russian would be an asset
Ranks Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Assistant Prof. will be assigned based on the candidate’s prior experience and records. Ranks, Associate Prof./Full Professor will be assigned after the probation period, further evaluated by University Promotion Committee and approval of the Board of Trustees.
How to Apply
Please send us a cover letter, CV, a comprehensive Google Scholar / Scopus / Web of Science report, Teaching statement, Research statement (not applicable for Lecturer ranks), contact information for three references (at least one to attest to your teaching experience, and another to your research experience) and teaching evaluations from the last three years of employment (if available)to email@example.com by March 30, 2023.Please use: “Mathematics Faculty Member” as the subject header.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities