The University of Central Asia is seeking a Mathematics Faculty Member to have an active involvement in the development, planning, preparation, and undertaking of all academic upgrading initiatives related to Mathematics instruction within the duration of their contract. This individual is expected to teach two courses each semester from two/three cohorts of 20-30 international students by engaging students in problem-solving and concrete examples and applications to abstract ideas. The Mathematics Faculty Member's position supposes to ensure students are prepared for mathematics rigors and their application across other disciplines.
Overall Program Outcomes for Mathematics
The Mathematics Faculty Member will teach a series of Mathematics courses preferably Calculus I and II, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics and Statistics.
The students should achieve the following learning outcomes
- Apply mathematical reasoning skills to identify the scope of complex mathematical problems
- Develop logical skills in writing program across computer science courses
- Select mathematical techniques and methods required to solve discrete mathematics problems
- Use computational strategies related to Graph Theory, Combinatorics, Probability and advanced Statistics
- Justify solutions through mathematical arguments that integrate multiple concepts
- Use a variety of ways to represent and communicate the processes used and solutions to discrete mathematics problems
- Use computational strategies related to Limits, Continuity, Derivatives, Integrals, and Vectors to explore mathematical concepts
- Express statement and problems using precise mathematical language in new and familiar domains
- Create a mathematical proof or disproof of a given statement choosing methods from different proof techniques
- Use modular arithmetic and congruences relations in cryptography
- Evaluate the correctness and complexity of the algorithms and use counting principles in computation
- Solve differential equations and application in physics and engineering
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree from a globally recognized university in Mathematics or a related discipline
- Teaching Certification from a globally recognized university
- Experience (5+ years) in teaching Mathematics in community college and/or university students
- Native-like English
- Experience in teaching Mathematics in English medium (3-4 years).
- A Ph.D. from an internationally recognized university would be an asset
- Experience teaching Calculus, Discrete Mathematics, Linear Algebra, Probability & Statistics and Advanced Statistics
- Experience with Mathematics curriculum development
- Experience in developing and delivering training modules to other teachers, tutors, mentors, etc.
- Experience managing student projects
- Professional familiarity with Central Asian secondary and post-secondary education landscape would be an asset
- Advanced Russian and some knowledge of Kyrgyz, Tajik or Kazakh would be an asset.
Rank of the Mathematics (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/ Assistant Prof./ Associate Prof. /Prof.) will be based on the candidate’s prior experience and record. For the Rank of Assistant Prof. and higher will be further evaluated by other University Promotion Committees and BOT approval will be needed.
How to Apply
Please send us a cover letter, CV, a comprehensive Google Scholar / Scopus / Web of Science report, Teaching statement, Research statement (not applicable for Lecturer ranks), contact information for three references (at least one to attest to your teaching experience, and another to your research experience) and teaching evaluations from the last three years of employment (if available) to email@example.com. Please use: “Mathematics Faculty Member” as the subject header.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.