Part-time English Language Instructor (Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic)
The English language Instructor vacancy is a part-time position and does not require full day engagement. The Instructor reports to the Manager of Academic Affairs (MAA) and works closely with other staff members of SPCE, UCA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching English language courses and programmes assigned according to the category both face-to-face and online upon the request of MAA on recommended platforms;
- Coordinating groups and ability to supervise not more than 20 students;
- Participating in proposals development of new/existing English language programmes, upon request of the MAA;
- Participating in marketing campaigns of SPCE courses and programmes;
- Consistently keeping a record of participation of individuals and other documentation flow both in paper and online (individual plans, examination registers, grade reports);
- Ensure that the lessons are planned and delivered in a highly participative and interactive manner and responsive to the request and suggestions of the students;
- Ensuring safety of equipment and furniture in the classrooms;
- Performing extra-curricular activities with students;
- Advising students on programme curricula and career decisions;
- Other related tasks based on need and agreement;
- Observe classes on a quarterly basis.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in education, social sciences, English language and linguistics;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in teaching English;
- International certifications confirming pedagogical skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills a requirement and English as native language a strong asset;
- Strong professional communication and inter-personal skills and ability to transfer knowledge to participants;
- Flexibility, client-oriented approach and ability to adjust to change circumstances and needs;
- The eligible candidate is independent, committed and reliable.
Instructor Performance Indicators
- Students evaluation grade not lower than 85%;
- The average testing score of the group is not lower than 75%;
- Assessment by the Manager of Academic Affairs not lower than 4.0;
- To conduct at least 3 events;
- To verify of at least 50 tests to determine the level of students;
- To verify of at least 100 final and intermediate exams;
- To observe at least 6 classes.
How to Apply
- Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 05 October 2022. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. In your application e-mail subject, please write: “Part-time English Language Instructor”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.