Part-time Mathematics Instructor (Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic)
Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic
Closing Date: 10/05/2022
The Mathematics Instructor vacancy is a part-time position and does not require full day engagement. The Instructor reports to the Manager of Academic Affairs (MAA) and works closely with other staff members of SPCE, UCA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching Mathematics courses and programmes assigned according to the category both face-to-face and online upon the request of MAA on recommended platforms;
- Coordinating groups and ability to supervise not more than 20 students;
- Participating in proposals development of new/existing Mathematics programmes, upon request of the MAA;
- Participating in marketing campaigns of SPCE courses and programmes;
- Consistently keeping a record of participation of individuals and other documentation flow both in paper and online (individual plans, examination registers, grade reports);
- Ensure that the lessons are planned and delivered in a highly participative and interactive manner and responsive to the request and suggestions of the students;
- Ensuring safety of equipment and furniture in the classrooms;
- Performing extra-curricular activities with students;
- Advising students on programme curricula and career decisions;
- Other related tasks based on need and agreement;
- Observe classes on a quarterly basis.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in education, social sciences, Mathematics;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in teaching Mathematics;
- International certifications confirming pedagogical skills;
- Excellent written and spoken Russian and Kyrgyz language skills a requirement;
- Strong professional communication and inter-personal skills and ability to transfer knowledge to participants;
- Flexibility, client-oriented approach, and ability to adjust to change circumstances and needs;
- The eligible candidate is independent, committed and reliable.
Instructor Performance Indicators
- Students evaluation grade not lower than 85%;
- The average testing score of the group is not lower than 80%;
- Assessment by the Manager of Academic Affairs not lower than 4.0;
- To verify of at least 50 tests to determine the level of students;
- To verify of at least 60 final and intermediate exams;
- To observe at least 4 classes.
How to Apply
- Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to email@example.com by 05 October 2022. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. In your application e-mail subject, please write: “Part-time mathematics Instructor”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.