Under the supervision of the Materials Management Manager in collaboration with the relevant staff of the UCA departments and units, the Procurement Officer shall support all aspects of procurement and materials management activities within UCA Kyrgyzstan including planning, order placement, vendor selection, purchase and delivery, inventory control, material handling and logistics, in compliance with specifications established by UCA and by relevant regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide input to statements of requirements.
- Determine commercial conditions which best serve UCA’s interests.
- Search and select suppliers in accordance with UCA needs and requests for purchases within certain threshold.
- Prepare bidder lists.
- Standardize and aggregate purchase for all categories, minimizing the total cost of purchase.
- Review and prioritize Purchase requisitions (PR), timely prepare Request for quotations (RFQ) and Purchase orders (PO) in SAP, manage approval process by the appropriate stakeholders, maintain relevant internal database, records, and files.
- Prioritize and share with suppliers approved purchase requisitions and supporting documents.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Prepare, review and maintain purchase-related files, reports and price lists.
- Manage contracts in SAP
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Follow-up on payment process to make sure suppliers are paid on time.
- Work with suppliers to ensure that key processes are running efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Build strong working relationships both internally and with key suppliers.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to work in a start-up environment, under uncertainty and tremendous stress; being able to feel, appreciate and use the drive of the team is a must;
- Proven ability to solve problems, especially in the context of conflicting or absent regulations;
- Action and results-orientated; honest and trustworthy; strong work ethic and diligent performer; ability to work cooperatively across an organization with many levels of staff and leadership;
- Attention to detail; sensitivity to various organizational interests; tactfulness;
- Self-confidence; resourcefulness; organizational skills;
- Ability to maintain composure, dignity, and a sense of humor while creatively and effectively functioning in a work atmosphere of continuously shifting sands and numerous equally important deadlines.
- English is required.
- Russian is an important asset.
- Working knowledge of Tajik, Kyrgyz and/or Kazakh would be an asset.
Candidates from Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 07 December, 2021. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. In your application e-mail subject, please write: “Procurement Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities.