Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Dean and working closely with the Associate Deans of the school of Arts and Science, the Senior Manager will steer and coordinate the Student Life (SL) team activities at both Naryn and Khorog campuses.
- The senior manager of student affairs will be responsible for delivering UCA’s student services and will have oversight of campus student life cycle including advising and support, organization of extra curriculum activities and residential life necessities.
- The senior manager will be responsible for i) developing and overseeing extracurricular programs that enable students to realize their fullest social and personal potential, ii) help students to become respectful of diverse cultures and people they interact with, and iii) for integrating student life experiences with UCA’s educational mission
- UCA is seeking a person who will enthusiastically partner with faculty and staff colleagues to further enrich connections between teaching and learning programmes and residential life
The senior manager of student affairs is expected to contribute to the creation of a a vibrant and engaging environment that is inclusive, respectful, and safe for the entire campus community.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee management of student activities and engagement programs including advising student governing bodies, activities & clubs, overseeing allocation of funds to student governing bodies, university clubs and organizations, as well as the University athletic programmes.
- Oversee management of all residence-based life functions, needs and engagement programmes including resource management, event organization, and, hiring, training, and supervising student life advisors
- Work with the student affairs staff, student groups, faculty members and other members of the campuses communities in developing extracurricular programmes assuring integration with the academic life of the institution and encouraging student professional, social and personal growth and development.
- Collaborate with faculty and administrative staff to realize key student learning outcomes around life skills development, understanding democracy and civic engagement, and leadership education
- Coordinate with campus constituencies and community leaders in developing and managing co-curricular learning and service opportunities
- Coordinate Annual Parents’ Weekend activities
- Coordinate the organization of large-scale student events including the annual bell-ringing ceremony and graduation convocation
Code of Conduct:
- Implement and promote UCA’s code of conduct
- Assist in resolving disputes and complaints of students and parents
- Work closely with the Campus Management Team and security in addressing student issues
- Support establishing and administering the policies and regulations of the University as they pertain to students, including internal normative and disciplinary procedures
- Playing a role in the campus student ombudsman
- Work closely with Health Service representatives in the planning, directing and coordinating of medical and health services for students
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. A master’s degree highly desired in student affairs administration, counseling, or a related field
- Substantial experience of at least 5 years in university administration, student affairs/life, counseling, college teaching, or related areas is required
- Management experience of at least 3 years, preferably in an academic, multicultural environment in a similar role
- International experience with academic institutions
- A strong record of achievements in such areas as conflict resolution, residential and housing services, and co-curricular programming
- A comprehensive knowledge of the issues and opportunities of a private residential University
- A demonstrated commitment to serving students with diverse backgrounds, interest, goals and abilities
- Superb communication skills
- A comprehensive knowledge of the issues and opportunities of a private residential university, a commitment to furthering a high level of cooperation between student affairs and academics
- A demonstrated commitment to serving students with diverse backgrounds, interests, goals and abilities
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity in all its forms, including a track record of individual action and institutional leadership
- A demonstrated sensitivity, imagination, and effectiveness in responding to challenging student and University community issues, academics in relation to student affairs, administrative and logistical issues, financial aid, admissions and recruitment, and other areas of university student services
- A strong project management background
- Superb written communication skills
- A consultative, collegial style and the ability to inspire trust in others
- An ability to be mobile between campuses, the CAO and other locations as necessary
The position will be based in Naryn, Kyrgyzstan and would require regional travel. Candidates from Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. In your application e-mail subject, please write: “Senior Manager, SLT”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities