Visiting Faculty in Economics
The University of Central Asia is seeking a Visiting Faculty in Economics with a background in Public Economics, Labor Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Management, or Economics of Gender. The Visiting Faculty will teach two 6 credit electives or field courses to the junior and senior cohorts. Specific courses to be offered are negotiable, conditioned on the applicant’s areas of expertise. As the sole instructor for the course, the main duties will include class lectures, preparation of course materials, hold tutorials, supervise project work, grade papers and any administrative tasks associated with the normal delivery of the course. There will also be an opportunity to provide mentorship to students. The location of the position is Khorog, Tajikistan, beginning August 22, 2022. Teaching will be face-to-face.
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
UCA aims to train economists who are strategic thinkers and can eventually serve as effective policy makers who understand the complexities of Central Asian and global economies. The degree programme addresses both global economic concepts and processes and Central Asian emerging economies and opportunities. It will equip students to make a contribution to economic growth. The UCA academic programmes combine the student-centered environment of a liberal arts college with the intellectual excitement of being at the frontiers of knowledge offered by a research university. The language of instruction for undergraduate studies is English, with a requirement that all undergraduate students are fluent in their native language and Russian.
- A master’s degree from an internationally recognized university in Economics or a related discipline. Ph.D. is preferred.
- University teaching experience
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities
- Teaching experience and skill in at least two the following areas of expertise: Public Economics, Labor, Econometrics, Finance, Management, and Economics of Gender;
- A demonstrated commitment to teaching and students;
- Demonstrated understanding of pedagogy;
- Experience using innovative teaching methods and evaluation methodologies;
- Experience in teaching in Central Asia would be a valuable asset.
Timing and Location
In the 2022-23 academic year, you will provide academic service on the Khorog Campus from August 22, 2022 to December 16, 2022.
- The language of instruction is English. Advanced Academic English is required. Knowledge of Russian would be an asset.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience
UCA will cover the cost of transportation to and from the candidate’s place of residence
On-campus housing may be available.
How to Apply
Position is open until filled. E-mail applications consisting of CV, cover letter, teaching evaluations, and contact information of at least two references to http://email@example.com. As your application e-mail subject, please write: "Visiting Faculty in Economics"
Women and candidates from the three founding states of UCA (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, and Tajikistan) are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.