Russian Language Instructors will be a visiting faculty member of the School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) in Naryn Campus. The instructors will directly report to the Chair of the Department of Social Sciences and Humanities and works closely with the other faculty members of the SAS. The instructors should possess required educational qualifications, which makes them eligible to teach Russian Language at the Beginner, Elementary and Intermediate/Upper intermediate, or advanced levels for the Freshmen (firs year undergraduate students).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design or adjust existing syllabus to teach Russian language for the levels specified above
- Conduct test to identify the students’ level of proficiency in Russian language, and divide them into groups
- Teach required numbers of classes (each class 90 minutes long) in an offline and online format
- Assesses student’s knowledge through various types of assignments (tests, oral and written exams)
- Design lesson plans, supplementary materials for lessons and additional homework materials for students
- Makes changes to the syllabus when required, and demanded by the Chair of the Department
- Observe classes on Languages taught at the SAS, UCA
- Attend mandatory meetings, seminars and workshops organized by the Department of Social Sciences and Humanities.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in teaching Russian language field from an accredited university
- Five years of teaching Russian language at various levels to the high school and/or university students
- Experience of developing student’s syllabus for Russian language is required
- Experience in developing and delivering learning materials to the students
- Professional familiarity with Central Asian secondary and post-secondary education landscape would be an asset.
- Advanced Russian and intermediate English
- Knowledge of National languages would be an asset
The Russian Language Instructors will report to the Chair of the Department of Social Sciences and Humanities, and to the Associate Dean at Naryn Campus.
How to Apply
To apply please send us (1) an up-to-date resume; (2) two references (one to attest to your teaching experience, and another to your research experience) and (4) teaching evaluations from the last three years of employment (if available) to email@example.com by 10 November 2021. Please use: “Visiting Russian Language Instructors” as the subject header and indicate how you heard about us.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.