Tajik Language Instructors will be a visiting faculty member of the School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) in Khorog Campus. The instructors will directly report to the Chair of the Department of Social Sciences and Humanities and works closely with the other faculty members of the SAS. The instructors should possess required educational qualifications, which makes them eligible to teach Tajik Language at the Beginner, Elementary and Intermediate/Upper intermediate, or advanced levels for the Freshmen (firs year undergraduate students).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design or adjust existing syllabus to teach Tajik language for the levels specified
- Conduct test to identify the students’ level of proficiency in Tajik language, and divide them into groups
- Teach required numbers of classes (each class 90 minutes long) from January 25th to 31ST of May in an offline and online format
- Assesses student’s knowledge through various types of assignments (tests, oral and written exams, essay)
- Design syllabus, lesson plans, supplementary materials for lessons and additional homework materials for students
- Makes changes to the syllabus when required, and demanded by the Chair of the Department
- Observe classes on Languages taught at the SAS, UCA
- Attend mandatory departmental meetings, seminars and workshops organized by the Department of Social Sciences and Humanities.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Doctoral or equivalent of Candidate of Science in, Tajik Philology.
- Five years of teaching Tajik language at various levels to the university students
- Experience of developing curriculum in teaching language
- Experience of developing student’s syllabus for Tajik language is required
- Experience in developing and delivering learning materials to the students
- Native like Tajik language, and upper-intermediate English
- Strong knowledge of Russian language would be an asset
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by November 12th 2021. Applications will be reviewed when received. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Visiting Tajik Language Instructor”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.