Project Liaison Officer, Khorog Urban Resilience Project (consultancy position)
The Khorog Urban Resilience Programme – Planning and Proof of Concept Initiative is an initial five-year initiative of the Government of Tajikistan, the Government of Switzerland, and the Aga Khan Development Network to align communities, public institutions, and civil society institutions around the delivery of a shared investment plan for Khorog which is underpinned by principles of Resiliency as reflected by the UNDRR Resilient Cities Framework. A critical component of enabling this integration of stakeholders will be the steering committee chaired by the Governor of GBAO with the representation of the National Government, the International Community, and other important advocates in the development of a resilient Khorog. The steering committee will act as the coordinating mechanism for AKDN teams supporting Government services, donors, beneficiaries, academia, and line agencies of the National Government in Khorog. To support the Steering Committee in governance work and decision making, A Resilient Khorog Advisory Committee has been set up and will be held in advance of each Steering Committee meeting. The Advisory Committee will be responsible for reviewing the work packages prepared for the Steering Committee, and providing comments, concerns, notes, and feedback. The Project Liaison Officer's (PLO) role is to build and maintain close relationships, facilitate communication, and coordinate activities between UCA and KURP. PLO is the principal interface between the UCA and KURP on technical cooperation and related matters. PLO is responsible for organizing the Resilient Khorog Advisory Committee meetings. She/he will be responsible for supporting the project team to ensure that the Resilient Khorog Advisory Committee receive relevant information on the work of KURP and work packages being developed, coordinating and liaising with advisory committee members to ensure that technical expert panels are held in advance of the Advisory Committee Meetings and to maximize the contribution of all Advisory Committee members are enabled in their roles.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Liaison Officer will be responsible for:
• Joint Project Development Component: support building a knowledge base for UCA development programmes through liaison with the KURP manager and identify potential areas for agencies collaboration and donor participation. S/he will coordinate the preparation of the plan of action and steps resulting from the overall project implementation plan and proactively monitor project progress and resolve issues that may arise..
• Advisory Committee Support: organize the Advisory Committee meetings and communication with all Advisory Committee members in advance of the Advisory Committee meetings; ensure that participants of the Advisory Committee have full technical information and are able to offer appropriate, informed advice to the to the Steering Committee to ensure its holistic functioning.
• Advisory Committee Preparation: support the work of technical expert panels to be convened in advance of the Advisory Committee meetings. In coordination with AKAH the Liaison Office will support the flow of information between AKAH, the Advisory Committee Members, and the Steering Committee.
• Steering Committee Support: work with the KURP manager to support the line agency of the Government of Tajikistan involved in the planning and proof of concept initiative to develop detailed implementation plans for their components under the project with associated budgets and timelines to manage the delivery of interventions.
• Research Activities and Implementation of the Project: support organizing the interaction of UCA’s research activities within the framework of the KURP, including implementation of joint projects.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Advanced university degree in project management, business, urban planning, regional development engineering or related fields
• Between 5-10 years of relevant experience in working in government, policy, international organizations, or other related fields of work
• Demonstrated experience in project design, results-based management, financial planning and management, implementation, and evaluation
• Experience in resource mobilization, building and maintaining collaborative relationships with government bodies, donors, civil society, and communities
• A demonstrable track record of working with high-level Government stakeholders, or Commissions/Working Groups, etc.
• Knowledge of international development approaches, disaster risk reduction approaches, issues of climate change adaptation, urban planning would be an advantage
• Experience in working on the practical application of research
• Highly motivated and able to work autonomously and take initiative
• Proven communications skills with the ability to present and convey complex issues clearly and coherently, ensuring all programmatic activities are aligned with broader organizational decisions taken and that they are of high professional quality.
• Working knowledge of Tajik, Russian, and English
How to Apply
Please submit your application (cover letter, CV, and contact information of three references) at https://bit.ly/3I3ivPP by 01 June 2023. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities